View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Thursday, 1-Mar-2007 13:34
||Email | Share | Bookmark
BUNS AND ROLLS
250gm high protein flour
4 teaspn milk powder
2 1/2 tblspn cocoa powder
50gm castor sugar
1 1/2 teaspn mauripan dry yeast
1 teaspn bread improver
1/2 teaspn salt
* Choco chips for filling
1. Mix all dry ingredients , leaving salt and some flour for last.
2. Add in water and margarine. Knead a bit, then add salt and the remaining flour.
3. Knead for 10-12 mins. ( 5 mins if using mixer). Leave to proof for 30-40 mins.
4. Punch down gas. Divide into 9 equal size. Flatten one dough on palm and simply sprinkle some choco chips on it. Form a ball. Repeat the same until all are done.
5. Place on a greased baking tray and leave to proof for another 40-60 mins.
6. Bake in pre-heated oven at 200 deg cel for 15-20mins. Once buns are taken out from oven, brush with some milk and cover with tea towel. This will make surface of buns softer.
120ml fresh milk
300gm high protein flour
3 tblspn castor sugar
1 teaspn salt
1 teaspn mauripan dry yeast
* some margarine for surface wash
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Make a hole in the centre and pour all wet ingredients. Knead for 10 mins or until dough leave your hand unsticky.
3. Divide into 12 equal size, forming a shape of balls and leave to rest for 10 mins.
4. Make a cone shape out of each ball and flatten it. It will make a triangle dough sheet.
5. Roll the dough sheet from the wider edge towards the narrow edge.
7. Arrange on thinly floured baking tray and leave to proof until the size doubled. Bake at 180 deg cel for 10-12 mins or until surface turn golden brown.
8. Immediately brush the surface with margarine once buns are out of the oven.
I used the same ingredients and method as in abovementioned butter rolls, but added sausages for the filling. Then, eggwash the surface and sprinkle some sesame seeds to garnish before baking.
Wow, I really used my hand power to knead buns and rolls dough last night. At first I only planned to make choco buns but while waiting for the buns to proof I glanced thru again my collections of breads and buns recipes. Came accross this easy butter rolls recipe which I hand-copied from somewhere..I don`t remember, that I finally ended up making butter rolls and sausage rolls too.(To whoever the contributor is, thanx very much...I have this habit of hand-copying recipes from various sources and never bother to take note of the contributor..tuleh punn cincai-bocai mcm doktor tak bertauliah...)
Something to cheer this morning table for breakfast...( Not to say that the rest of other mornings were dull ).... Kidz were delighted that they helped themselves with our very own homemade buns and rolls...later made their own breakboxes to school.
Well, kneading dough manually wasn`t that bad actually and pretty good for your arms and hands muscles exercise. You won`t know the satisfactions lies behind it until you do it but believe me..once you see the buns and rolls out of the oven..all is worthwhile making. But if it doesn`t turn out the way it supposed to be , that doesn`t mean the end of your bread making world..treat it as an invaluable experience where you can learn the rights and nots. Enjoy your day....