View complete fotopage
View complete fotopage
|Tuesday, 6-Feb-2007 13:19
||Email | Share | Bookmark
AYAM MASAK KICAP & KERABU PUCUK UBI/TAUGEH
Ayam masak kicap
Kerabu pucuk ubi & taugeh
AYAM MASAK KICAP has been our family all-time-favorite especially during festive seasons and of course for daily meal dish too. My mom taught me..or I would rather say.. let me learn hands-on during my teeanage time. Today, since I only have 1/2 bird of chicken left, why not cooking it again for lunch. As for the kids, it is simply irresistable...Here goes the recipe.
AYAM MASAK KICAP
1/2 bird chicken...cut into smaller size
1cm cinnamon, 3cloves, 2 star anise, 3 cardamom seeds
1 tblespn white pepper
7 tblespoon thick soy sauce..or more
1 bowl of water
1/2 slice asam gelugor
Salt to taste
Tumeric powder + salt to rub with the chicken to fry
1. Fry the chicken. Keep aside.
2. With little cookin oil, fry the onions, garlic and ginger until withered. Add the spices. Take out some of the onions for garnishing later.
3. Add in white pepper. Stir for some time, then add in soy sauce. Immediately pour the water and leave to boil.
4. Put in chicken and let boil again. Add in salt to taste and a little asam jawa.
5. Let simmer for a while until the gravy thickens. Garnish with the fried onions and it`s ready for serving.
Ooo oowww..the table is not done yet. Where`s the vege ??? There`re only cabbage, beansprouts and cauli flower in the fridge. Ahhh not sayur campur again...Hmmm..., let`s go to my edible garden and there I plucked some tapioca leaves. I like to cook it with coconut cream and then have together with sambal belacan.
Anyway, how `bout..kerabu this time round. Oki dok..Here`s how to do it.
KERABU PUCUK UBI & TAUGEH
Handful of tapioca leaves
A bowl of beansprouts (taugeh)
5 bird chillies
handful of dried shrimp
Shrimp paste (Belacan)
1 teaspn salt
1 tblspn sugar
1 kasturi lime juice
A cup of grated young coconut
5 pieces cekor leaves..slice thinly
1. Boil the tapioca leaves and beansprouts seperately until withered. Do not overboil the beansprouts.
2. Cut into small pieces shallots and garlics. Cut the chillies as well not to let them `explode` while being fried.
3. Fry shallots, garlics, dried shrimps and shrimp paste with little cooking oil until withered. Take out and pound together with salt and sugar.
4. Fry without oil the ingredients together with grated coconut. Continue stirring and frying until the colour turns brown.
5. In a large bowl mix together the fried ingredients with the tapioca leaves, beansprouts and cekor leaves. Squeeze into it limau kasturi juice. Mix well and ready to serve.
* You may substitute the vege with anything you like such as kangkung, ulam raja, kacang botol etc.
* Add more bird chillies if you like it hotter... ..Enjoy !!!!
* Just about a few hours ago I have made fillings for curry puff. Gotta knead the dough after this. Heh heh he Curry puffs for breakfast tomorrow morning.....
Sat gi baru nak pikiaq nak buat karipap biasa or karipap pusing....